Tacking Point Lighthouse
Built in 1879 and designed by Colonial architect James Barnet, the Tacking Point Lighthouse was critical to improved safety on the sea and water. The Keeper was withdrawn in 1919 when the light was replaced by automatic flashing lights. The foundations of the Lighthouse Keeper’s Cottage can be seen next to the lighthouse. Recent works on site has also seen the erection of six major interpretation signs on a variety of subjects including the history of the lighthouse, the history and layout of the lighthouse keeper’s cottage and local shipwrecks.